We host bi-monthly support meetings.
Meetings are held at the Bear Canyon Senior Center, 4645 Pitt St. NE in Albuquerque. The senior center is two blocks from Eubank and Montgomery. Go north on Eubank one block to Lagrima de Oro St, east one block to Pitt, and left 50 yards to the Bear Canyon parking lot. We are in room 3, at the west end of the building. Meetings are usually the first and third Saturdays of the month from 12:30-3:00 p.m.
The following are meeting announcements for upcoming meetings and dates to put on your calendar for upcoming events.
July 20: Medical Debt Resolutions- Tips for Preventing Surprise Medical Bills: Kathy Ferguson, Medical Financial Advocate
This presentation will address:
- “Patient Healthcare Information Right”
- Signing “Financial Responsibility”
- What to do when given a referral to another provider
- How to understand medical billing statements and an Explanation of Benefits statement from your insurance
- Your Health Insurance Policy on Appeals Process (Are your medical bills correct?)
Bear Canyon Senior Center
4645 Pitt St Ne
Albuquerque, NM 87111